- Responsible to: Director of Advancement
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an accredited school
- Job-type: Full-time position with occasional after-hours duties
Sunnybrook has provided homes, hope, and healing to Mississippi’s children for more than 58 years. We concentrate our care on older youth through our Transitional Living Program (TLP). With some of the highest rates of incarceration, homelessness, and joblessness in the nation, Mississippi has a critical need for strategic intervention in the lives of its vulnerable older youth citizens. Through the TLP, individuals between the ages of 16 and 20 are guided to become productive citizens through job readiness, development training and daily living skills instruction as they are immersed in Christian community and discipleship. Sunnybrook is seeking Christ-centered individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of our residents.
The Marketing and Community Engagement Coordinator is a vital part of the donor relations team. The Coordinator’s priority is to position Sunnybrook as a leader in the community, one deserving of private and public support. They are responsible for overseeing external communications, coordination of volunteers, and business development. Under the guidance of the Director of Advancement the Coordinator creates the external communications through written material, and our internet presence. As a primary contact with our supporters and local businesses, they will align volunteers with the needs of our program and develop business partnerships.
- Create and send monthly e-newsletter
- Oversee the design, production, and distribution of all publications including but not limited to: quarterly appeals, informational flyers, and general communications.
- Order materials for new hires, such as name tags and business cards; ensure new staff have everything they need in regards to communication (e.g., email signature, photo on website, etc.)
- Assist with grant writing by completing grant applications and proposals and submit them for approval to the Director of Advancement
- Design and order Sunnybrook branded items for yearly donor acknowledgement gifts
- Be proactive in placing stories in the media concerning newsworthy subjects
- Generate all social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and website updates
- Process volunteer inquiries and manage volunteer scheduling
- Conduct outreach, recruitment and screening for mentors, financial coaches, trainers, community partners, and other volunteers.
- Attend off-site community events as Sunnybrook representative and conduct campus tours when needed
- Assist in executing annual fundraising event
- Oversee the payment process for private placements
- Assist in making requests to supporters for specific resident needs (e.g., prom dresses, summer school funds, etc.)
- Collaborate with program staff to identify current needs
- Serve as the contact for in-kind donations; provide donors with a list of updated current needs on campus and communicate with Sunnybrook staff on current inventory
- Other duties as assigned
If you wish to apply for this position, please contact Ron Veazey, email@example.com
Sunnybrook is an Equal Opportunity employer.