Our Flock Needs a Shepherd Like You!
Are you an empty nester with more love and care to give? Considering foreign missions work and not sure the time is right? We have an immediate need for Houseparents, the backbone of Sunnybrook's Ministry!
Help us Change Lives for the Better!
Houseparents at Sunnybrook provide the consistency of a loving, gospel-minded home that most of our residents have never had. They are Sunnybrook's frontline warriors, providing supervision and instruction to transitional-age youth who, without their support, would be at a much higher risk for homelessness, joblessness, and teen pregnancy.
- Responsible to: Direct Care Supervisor
- Qualifications: Highschool Diploma, professional experience working with youth in a ministry setting, and at least 21 years of age.
- Work week: Full time position – One 4-day respite weekend per month and 4 weeks Paid Time Off
Expectations from the Home
- Food services and assisting the residents as they learn to cook
- Cleanliness and order of the home is interdependently reliant upon residents and houseparents
- Productivity and operations are consistent and structured so that flexibility is available
Engagement with the Residents
- Assisting, Modeling and Teaching residents healthy habits and productive skills related to daily living
- Reinforcing program philosophies around the house with regards to work, creativity, problem-solving and serving others
Involvement with the Residents' Personal Development
- Afternoons, evenings and weekends are structured in a way that promote productive living
- creating, facilitating and overseeing activities and events that foster individual development
- Family life (Climate of the House) is resident-centered and is relational in orientation