Help us Change Lives for the Better!
Houseparents at Sunnybrook provide the consistency of a loving, gospel-minded home that most of our residents have never had. They are Sunnybrook's frontline warriors, providing supervision and instruction to transitional-age youth who, without their support, would be at a much higher risk for homelessness, joblessness, and teen pregnancy.
- Responsible to: Direct Care Supervisor
- Qualifications: Highschool Diploma, professional experience working with youth in a ministry setting, and at least 25 years of age.
Expectations from the Home
- Food services and assisting the residents as they learn to cook
- Cleanliness and order of the home is interdependently reliant upon residents and houseparents
- Productivity and operations are consistent and structured so that flexibility is available
Engagement with the Residents
- Assisting, Modeling and Teaching residents healthy habits and productive skills related to daily living
- Reinforcing program philosophies around the house with regards to work, creativity, problem-solving and serving others
Involvement with the Residents' Personal Development
- Afternoons, evenings and weekends are structured in a way that promote productive living
- creating, facilitating and overseeing activities and events that foster individual development
- Family life (Climate of the House) is resident-centered and is relational in orientation